- Personal Injury
Attorney Brian L. Barker has been a personal injury lawyer since 1986. His career began at a large St. Petersburg personal injury law firm. After spending 7 years with that firm, Attorney Barker left to open his own firm in St. Petersburg.
He has devoted himself to only representing people who have suffered injuries due to the negligence of others. Attorney Barker says, “it’s rewarding to help people put their lives back together and regain their independence, particularly when the victory comes at the expense of large insurance companies.”
Over the years Attorney Barker has handled cases that arose from car wrecks, motorcycle wrecks, tractor-trailer wrecks and pedestrian tragedies. While each case is unique . . . Attorney Barker has found that his clients always have several things in common: They want to be treated as a person and shown respect. They want to talk with their lawyer and to have their questions answered. They want their case handled by the lawyer they hire, not by a paralegal or associate. They want to know that their lawyer is not afraid to take the case to trial and let a jury decide the outcome. They want to know that their lawyer has their back! Attorney Barker’s clients get those things and much more.
Attorney Barker is licensed to practice throughout Florida and in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida. He has been AV rated by Martindale-Hubbel for approximately 25 years. To be AV rated means that an attorney’s peers have determined that his/her integrity and skills are “Preeminent” in a particular area of practice. Attorney Barker is a member of The Florida Bar, The Florida Justice Association, and the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association. He previously served on the Professional Ethics Committee of the Florida Bar, and as Chair of the St. Petersburg Bar Association Professional Ethics Committee.
When it comes to personal injury lawyers . . . Experience matters!
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama
- Juris Doctor - 1986
- University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida
- Florida, 1986
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- Florida Bar, Member
- The American Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Florida Justice Association, Member
- St. Petersburg Bar Association, Member
- The Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- St. Petersburg Bar Association, Former Chairman, Professional Responsibility Committee
- The American Trial Lawyers Association
- Professional Ethics Committee of the Florida Bar
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory